Quickly and accurately reproduce the strains, accelerations and displacements of real world service environments on a wide variety of multi-axial test rigs. Industry renowned RPC software features an integrated suite of advanced simulation control, analysis and information management tools needed to pursue full spectrum of vehicle, subsystem and component durability testing in controlled, repeatable and efficient laboratory settings.
- Full Vehicle
Key Product Features
The world’s leading software package for data validation, analysis, laboratory simulation and test monitoring
Maximizes laboratory productivity by quickly and efficiently transforming field-recorded data into useful test rig drive files
Open architecture features customization and automation capabilities to meet specific needs
Designed and supported by a uniquely qualified team of simulation and development engineers from across the global automotive industry
- Engineered for high-channel count, multi-degree-of-freedom system-level testing
- Full-featured, integrated suite of target data replication, fatigue analysis and durability test management tools
Component RPC Pro
- Engineered for relatively simple, lower-channel count component- and subsystem-level testing
- An affordable array of streamlined, bundled tools that can be acquired as test requirements evolve
RPC Application Tools
The Project Manager application is a required module. It is the foundation of the product, providing control of default settings and functioning as a launch pad for other RPC Pro applications. It includes RPC Pro Data Manager for efficient management of test lab information.
The Acquire package provides an application for transferring data into RPC Pro projects and several methods for validating data including:
- Online checking for data spikes
- Data saturation
- Data limits
- Interactive comparisons with reference files
- Interactive analysis and diagnostic tools
The Setup application is used to specify test configurations, allowing the user to interactively define drive, response and online computed channels. It is required when using a simulator to play out drive files or acquire response data.
Templates within the setup application help:
- Standardize custom systems
- Minimize setup time
The interactive channel feature:
- Creates associations with properties like transducer type, serial number and orientation
- Adds user-defined fields
- Supports automatic generation of channel descriptors, adding valuable configuration information
The Analyze application supports interactive, fatigue-based data editing and analysis across multiple domains including:
- Time history (point-by-point comparison)
- Spectral (frequency)
- Trend (statistical)
- Fatigue (histograms)
The application includes a variety of tools, such as stress/strain life prediction, rainflow cycle counting and probability density analysis, and includes interactive analysis and diagnosis capabilities similar to those of the Acquire application. The Auto Damage Editor tool (ADE) is a fatigue-sensitive editor that allows you to accurately and automatically reduce the length of data files required for simulation.
The Model application provides tools to generate simultaneous and sequential random drive files, calculate system models and generate inverse models. A variety of interactive diagnostic checks are incorporated into Model including:
- Control band estimator
- Auto spectral density (ASD) prediction
- Engineering rank inverse
- Singular value decomposition
The Simulate application provides an interactive environment for performing iterations. Iteration convergence criteria may be directly evaluated in all domains— time, spectral, trend and fatigue—while user-definable processes support further analysis of data. Customizable processes and templates let you define automatic iterations, use multiple models and execute the iteration process with convergence targets and divergence limits.
The application also includes an adaptive inverse modeling control technique called Turbo RPC, which adapts the system model, represented by the inverse frequency response function (FRF), to changes— non-linearities and shifting resonance problems, for example—in the characteristics of the specimen during iterations.
The Test application is used to create and modify durability test schedules, define event action sequences and monitor test status. It also facilitates the execution of user-definable processes during test playout and the automated archiving of test response data.
The Test application can be tailored to your needs by choosing the test bundle configuration most suitable to your requirements. The base configuration includes creation and modification of test sequences and test playout. Plug-in monitoring options supported by Test include:
- Time History Monitoring, which provides a point-by-point comparison of response time histories
- Trend Monitoring, which tracks the change in statistics (maximum, minimum, RMS, mean, standard deviation and range) calculated from each pass of the durability test
- Fatigue Monitoring, which tracks the cumulative damage and the change in damage per pass of a durability test
- Spectral Monitoring, which tracks the change in frequency content calculated from each pass of a durability test
Latest generation Intel Core i7
Solid-state drive (SSD) with at least 40GB free space
DirectX 11 (or higher) compatible graphics card with at least 64 MB memory
1920 x 1080 resolution support
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
Link 1 text
Service and Support
Our experts are here to help keep you up and running.
Related Products, Parts or Accessories
Contact An MTS Rep TodayReady for a quote or need more information? We're here to help. Request a quote
The Origins of RPC with Dr. Glen Grenier
Q&A with the durability testing pioneer on the rise of R…
RPC Connect News
Critical transition updates and user information
Durability Showcase Lab
Tools for Optimizing Productivity & Efficiency