Modular Components for Civil Engineering Test Applications
Create tightly integrated yet cost-efficient civil structural and component test stands that can be easily reconfigured to meet evolving requirements. Precision-engineered to the highest quality and designed for seamless integration, modular MTS test system components are the same as those used in the most advanced MTS custom rigs.
- Dynamic Testing
- Civil Structures
- Structural Components
- Building Materials
Key Product Features
Best in class actuators, hydraulic distribution and servo controllers makes MTS the premier supplier of Civil/Structural test equipment
MTS can provide an integrated solution including structural actuators, hydraulic power units and hardline, controllers and structural testing software.
Modular test systems are easily expanded to meet your future needs.
Fatigue-rated actuator designs, built to exceed their rated loads for millions of cycles
For Quasi-Static, Pseudodynamic and Low Frequency Testing, MTS may suggest the 201 Actuator Series depending on testing needs and budgets.
are normally purchased with an MTS 249 backlash free swivel joint depending on the intended applications. Actuators normally come equipped with a TEMPOSONICS® displacement sensor, 2-stage servo-valve(s), static or fatigue rated swivels, and a load cell
For Dynamic, Pseudodynamic and High Performance Testing, MTS recommends the 244 Actuator Series
- These actuators are a double ended, equal area design and are recommended for almost any applications requiring high accuracy and high performance testing. They are well suited for all types of testing (from static to dynamic) and are known for their excellent fatigue reliability, accuracy and repeatability. These actuators are the most versatile and by far the most popular solution for all forms of servo hydraulic testing. Actuators normally come equipped with an LVDT displacement sensor, high-flow 2-stage or 3-stage servo-valve(s), fatigue rated swivels
- Hybrid Simulation Method is used to combine physical testing with a structural software model.
- Waveform Generation Software can be used to generate waveforms for testing structural components for seismic studies.
- Run-Time Ramp Module was designed specifically for Structural Testing Laboratories that perform quasi-static testing using ramp and hold sequences.The Run-time Ramp Control process allows you to simultaneously control up to eight control channels in an incremental fashion, stepping toward indeterminate end levels. The process also allows you to deﬁne an intervening pause during which another process is triggered to send a signal to a remote data collection device.
- Degree of Freedom Control provides a coordinate system in which actuators act in groups to produce movement in six degrees of freedom
- Three Variable Control provides simultaneous control of displacement, velocity, and acceleration variables. It combines the command and feedback signals of all three control variables to provide optimal system performance across a broad spectrum of frequencies
- Facility issues.
- Total length of the main circuit and any branch lines.
- Pressure drops that will occur reducing performance levels.
- Stainless steel tubing or piping routing to compliment the design of the building.
- Hydraulic outlet requirements.
- Hydraulic accumulation requirements.
- Hydraulic power supply location and electric sizing.
- Hydraulic oil cooling requirements and sizing for either air/oil or water cooling systems if required by the customer.
- Hydraulic cleanliness of the oil system for maximum performance.
Get The Most Out Of Your Investment
Our experts are here to help keep you up and running.