Dynamic K&C System
A Full Spectrum of K&C Testing SolutionsMTS offers a complete family of kinematic and compliance deflection measurement (K&C) systems to help vehicle developers quickly and efficiently gain precise measurements of key suspension parameters, which are critical for establishing performance benchmarks and optimizing vehicle handling and stability.
Understanding how suspensions behave — and how components and materials interact within the suspension system — is vital for assessing directional stability and control. Previously, evaluating these behaviors in detail was extremely challenging and in some cases could only be done at the test track. MTS gives vehicle and suspension developers the ability to perform these tests in a faster, more repeatable way, generating a variety of critical test data from a single, lab-based system.
MTS K&C systems deliver unmatched accuracy and repeatability, are readily adaptable to specific vehicle geometries, and come in variety of configurations for applications ranging from basic static kinematic and compliance deflection measurement to replication of dynamic real-world vehicle maneuvers.
- K&C Base System — used for static K&C tests and static model validation, performing tests up to 5 Hz with 37 mm/sec vertical, 86 mm/sec lateral and longitudinal, 5 deg/sec roll, and 69 deg/sec steer velocities.
- K&C with High-Speed Option — offers the same functionality as the base system with higher velocities, including 180 mm/sec vertical velocity, 215 mm/sec lateral and longitudinal velocity, and 10 deg/sec roll velocity for static, high speed, and center of gravity and vehicle inertia measurement (VIM) test applications.
- K&C with Dynamic Simulation Option— offers the same velocities as the high-speed system at frequencies up to 10 Hz, enabling it to perform static tests, dynamic deflections, center of gravity and VIM, plus lower frequency dynamic model verification and maneuver replication, decomposition and simulation.
- Dynamic K&C — available only from MTS, this innovative system delivers the speed (1000 mm/sec) and frequency (up to 35 Hz) required to accurately replicate real-world vehicle maneuvers. This versatile, multipurpose system is ideal for dynamic deflections and dynamic model verification as well as maneuver replication, decomposition and simulation.
- Truck Dynamic K&C — designed with the ability to apply much higher forces up to 20 Hz with 700 mm/sec vertical, 500 mm/sec lateral and longitudinal, 30 deg/sec roll, pitch and steer velocities for dynamic K&C testing on trucks. This system can be configured with a longer wheelbase suitable for truck geometries, as well as a short wheelbase for tandem axle testing.
>> CONTACT MTS
>> SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OTHER VERSIONS OF FORCE & MOTION