Photo courtesy of University of Central Florida
Your single resource for high-temperature low-cycle fatigue testing solutionsTest engineers worldwide rely on MTS solutions to meet high temperature, low-cycle fatigue (LCF) test requirements for metal, ceramic and composite materials specimens. Conducting cyclic strain controlled tests in the elastic-plastic region at elevated temperatures requires extremely stable and precise test system control. MTS fulfills this critical requirement with a complete offering of advanced LCF testing solutions, comprising high-performance MTS hardware, software, accessories and global support.
MTS Landmark™ Test Systems
This flexible servohydraulic test system family features highly stiff load frame designs to minimize specimen buckling under high compressive strains. Superior system alignment minimizes bending strain to maximize accuracy and reduce data scatter.
Versatile MTS FlexTest® Digital Controls
The FlexTest family delivers the tight system control that is critical for meaningful LCF testing at elevated temperatures. Higher speeds and channel densities keep pace with evolving test demands, and common hardware boards and user interface tools simplify test standardization and optimization.
Modular MTS TestSuite™ Software
MTS TestSuite software features an Advanced LCF Module that includes the test and report templates, activities, and calculations needed to run constant-amplitude, strain-controlled fatigue testing that complies with current ASTM standards. The module is designed to calculate and correct for thermal expansion during non-ambient testing, and includes a custom waveform activity that for efficiently defining arbitrary waveforms, including user-defined hold times. Other features include:
• Predefined test templates for meeting ASTM E606-04 and D3479-07 strain-controlled LCF test standards
• The ability to command external temperature controllers
• The ability to transition smoothly to high-frequency, load-controlled fatigue testing by accelerating tests that are primarily elastic
High-quality Test Accessories
The MTS Advanced LCF offering features a complete selection of extensometers, grips, heating systems and more, to meet a full spectrum of elevated temperature fatigue testing requirements.
• Model 632.50 high-temperature axial, air-cooled
• Model 680 High Temperature, “hot” grips for threaded or button head specimens
• Model 647.10 Hydraulic Wedge Grips with water-cooled wedge inserts
• Model 646.10 Hydraulic Collet Grips with water-cooled base
• Model 653.03, 3-zone high temperature furnace for use with Model 680 “hot” grips
• Model 653.01 or Model 653.02 high temperature furnace for use with Model 646 and 647 water-cooled grips
• Induction heating systems
• Model 609 Alignment Fixture; Model 709 Alignment system with strain-gauged specimen, conditioning and software
Unrivaled MTS Service & Support
MTS augments its advanced LCF solutions with a global offering of services, including system integration, calibration, alignment, routine maintenance, and training.
No matter what your materials fatigue testing needs, MTS provides the tightly integrated hardware, software and support required to meet them with accuracy and efficiency.
Learn more today.
>> CONTACT MTS