- News & Events
- About MTS Sensors
- About MTS Test
- Global Presence
- Environment & Sustainability
- Customer Case Studies
- Product Safety & Design
- MTS Patents
- Quality Management Systems
- Supplier Information
- Terms & Conditions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information Contact:
MTS RPC PRO RELEASE 4.3 ALLOWS CUSTOMERS TO CONFIGURE AND RUN COMPLEX TESTS FASTER, INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY
Eden Prairie, Minn., June 12, 2006 – MTS Systems Corporation (NASDAQ: MTSC) today announced the release of RPC® Pro Release 4.3, the latest version of its world-leading RPC Pro software for multi-axial, real-time laboratory road simulation and analysis.
RPC Pro R4.3 features new functionality that provides more accurate simulations on complex test configurations, improved ease-of-use as well as customer-suggested enhancements.
“Our continued focus with RPC Pro is to provide engineers with the most efficient and effective tools available to reproduce, record and analyze damage caused by the road in a controlled laboratory environment,” said Mike Englerth, durability software product manager for MTS. “With significant pressure on test labs to increase productivity, we’ve incorporated new features into RPC Pro R4.3 that both provide faster and more accurate simulations on complex tests and make the test simulation process easier for new laboratory staff.”
Some of the new features in RPC Pro R4.3 include:
• Additional capabilities for non-linear, highly cross-coupled systems – Version 4.3 includes enhancements to RPC Pro Turbo, the MTS patented, advanced adaptive iteration algorithm to provide faster convergence on complex test configurations. In addition, users are given more control over the gain values used in the simulation process resulting in improved control over highly cross-coupled test conditions.
• Improved ease of use – RPC Pro R4.3 users now have access to additional tools that make complex tasks much easier. The Block Cycle Generator tool provides a step-by-step process for generating a block cycle test using fatigue damage as the correlation parameter. Also, Project Manager has been extended to allow parameters to be used for all fatigue analysis on a given project to be preconfigured. Complex analysis can be carried out by an entire team providing faster, error-free and consistent results.
• Customer-requested enhancements – RPC Pro users suggest changes and MTS listens. In RPC Pro R4.3, graphical tools have been enhanced to improve usability, and provide interactive data manipulation while data is being displayed. Project Explorer has been improved to provide more commonality with Windows® Explorer, improving end-user operation.
About MTS Systems Corporation
MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of test systems and industrial position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. MTS’ high-performance position sensors provide controls for a variety of industrial and vehicular applications. MTS had 1,549 employees and revenue of $374 million for the fiscal year ended October 1, 2005. Additional information on MTS can be found on the worldwide web at http://www.mts.com.